ONGOING PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Toronto Public Library- Hotspot Lending (HSL) Program
Toronto Public Library plays an important role in supporting our city with access to technology and internet connectivity across our network of 100 branches. The TPL Hotspot lending (HSL) program helps to bridge the gap for vulnerable residents of the city who lack internet connectivity at home.
Who Can Apply?
- Participants should have no internet access in their home.
- Participants must have a TPL library card with a full-service or access membership.
- The service is aimed at customers who live in Toronto -- non-residents who do not work, go to school, or own property in Toronto are ineligible.
- Participation is open to all ages. Children and teens may be eligible to participate in the program, but must receive consent from their parent/guardian. A parent/guardian must sign the loan agreement and pick up the hotspot.
- Hotspots are limited to one unit per household.
What will participants receive as part of the program?
- Participants selected for the program will receive the following:
- Inseego MiFi Model 8000 Hotspot Unit with USB cable and charger
- Unlimited data (5mb/s) for the duration of the loan
- User Guide, with setup instructions
Participants will be required to complete a survey prior to receiving the hotspot.
- Contact your preferred participating HSL branch to be placed on the branch’s Referral List. Branch staff will contact you to provide you with a pickup date. Participants must pick up their hotspot by October 31, 2023. For assistance, feel free to reach out to CLC staff at email@example.com
Participating Branches TPL Branches
Parkdale Library has been designated as one of 30 branches across Toronto as Hotspot Lending (HSL) pickup locations. For a complete list of branches, please visit: www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/using-the-library/computer-services/wifi-hotspots/
Virtual urgent mental health
Same-day VIRTUAL URGENT Mental Health Care
Convenient, condential, same-day virtual mental health advice wherever you are in the City of Toronto
- Are you concerned about your mental health?
- Are you able to wait until later today to speak with a mental health provider?
- Are you 16 years of age or older?
- Do you live in the City of Toronto?
- Are you able to speak in a private space using a computer, smartphone or tablet?
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Evening appointments available soon
Book an appointment at www.camh.ca/virtualurgentcare
Academy of lions/lift up
Lift Up Program
Lift Up program is catered to recovering individuals looking to improve their lives through functional fitness and community. Lift Up is a safe, supportive & physically active environment for those who are recovering from addiction, alcoholism & anyone currently dealing with mental health issues.
Each week, individuals will go through a casual group check in followed by a WOD (work out of the day!). These WODs are scalable and geared to ANY & ALL fitness levels.
With regular attendance individuals can see physical & psychological benefits including:
- In early sobriety, it’s a simply a healthy & positive place to turn to.
- New friends & new habits.
- Discipline & structure in your life.
- To set and achieves goals.
- Help cope with day to day struggles.
- And above all, a community to help you get through it TOGETHER.
Wednesdays, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM at the Academy of Lions
(1083 Dundas St. W. Toronto, Ontario, M6J 1W9).
FREE for anyone at any stage in their recovery.
Learn more about the program- Addiction & mental health recovery — Academy of Lions
Sign up here- http://linktr.ee/amedeojp
BIPOC peer support
BIPOC Peer Support Group
The group is for anyone identifying as part of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous & People of Colour) community living with mental health challenges and looking for support from a group of empathetic peers.
This group runs on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from 7:00-9:00 pm.
Stride is committed to providing person centered support to empower people living with mental health and/or addiction challenges to gain and maintain meaningful employment.
Take advantage of Stride’s many employment readiness workshops. View upcoming workshops here- Calendar - STRIDE. You can work. We can help.